This agreement is entered into by the parent or legal guardian (hereafter referred to as “Parent”) of an underage participant or participants (hereafter referred to as “Participant”) of the Violin Garden Summer Academy Vienna (hereafter referred to as “The Academy”), and Anna Lea Stefánsdóttir and Michael Gutiérrez, holders of The Violin Garden Academy GesbR (hereafter referred to as “The Administration”) and pertains to the following Terms and Conditions of Participation:
Registration of a participant can be made only by a Parent of a Participant. By registering for the The Academy, the Parent agrees to the following terms and conditions and to abide by them:
- Any Parent of a Participant of The Academy expressly agrees to accept full and sole responsibility for that underage Participant’s behavior and actions at all times, and will bear full and sole liability for any potential damage caused by the Participant to (including, but not limited to) all property, premises, instruments, and persons connected with The Academy, The Administration and other Participants and Parents. The Parent agrees to compensate The Administration in full for any potential losses or damages stemming from, or caused by themselves or their Participant. The Parent further agrees to indemnify The Administration, its employees, partners, vendors, and associates, of any responsibility or liability of any kind for damages to persons or property stemming from the behavior and actions of the child they represent.
In addition, the Parent acknowledges:
- The presence of a Parent at The Academy site (campus of Palace Miller-Aichholz and Europahaus) is recommended for all Participants.
- For Participants under 6 years of age, or for any Participants with special needs or requiring increased supervision, the presence of a Parent is obligatory at all times.
- The Administration reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to require the presence of any Parent on site.
- The total number of full-time Participants at the Academy is limited to 70. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once the above-mentioned Participant limit has been reached, a waiting list will be created for any further interested prospective candidates, but a place at the Academy is not guaranteed. The Administration reserves the right to decline participants at its sole discretion.
- Should the minimum number of registrations not be reached by April 30th, The Administration reserves the right to cancel The Academy. In the case of such a cancellation, all fees and registration fees will be reimbursed to the Parent in full. The Administration does not accept liability for reimbursement of any other costs incurred by potential participants such as (including, but not limited to) travel costs, accommodation, rental cars, etc. No other claims will be recognized.
- The Administration reserves the right to cancel The Academy in case of Force Majeure. In that event, Parents will be reimbursed all registration and enrollment fees. No other costs (travel, accommodation, rental cars, etc.) will be reimbursed and no other claims will be recognized.
- Should, for any reason, a staff member of The Academy be prevented from being present and fulfilling their role, The Administration reserves the right to provide a comparable substitute without providing special notification.
Rights of Utilization
Parents agree to allow The Administration to use any photographs, and or video and audio materials taken of individuals and Participants present at The Academy without further express or written consent or permission from Participants or Parents. Any photos, film/video and audio materials taken during the event, may be duplicated, published, circulated and or broadcast on media such as (including, but not limited to) television, radio and internet and may be used by The Administration on The Academy website, newsletter and social media channels. By registering for The Academy, Parents and Participants agree to relinquish any present or future claim to any kind of compensation whatsoever for the above described media content.
Participants and their Parents agree to allow all data provided to The Academy and The Administration to be stored and processed according to the terms of all local data protection laws. For more information please see our Data Protection Declaration.
Rules of Conduct
Participation at The Academy requires respectful behavior towards staff members, other Participants and Parents, as well as appropriate conduct in the palace and the entire campus and parks. In the case of any serious misconduct by a Participant or Parent, the Administration reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to expel the Participant and Parent from some or all remaining portions of the course and event. Please note that in such cases course fees will not be reimbursed.
The Parent or Legal Guardian agrees to take full responsibility for informing The Administration via email (email@example.com) of any special health and or safety concerns relating to their child such as (including, but not limited to), allergies, asthma, epilepsy, or any other chronic or known health conditions. The Parent agrees to indemnify The Administration, its employees, partners, vendors, and associates, of any liability or damages of any kind relating to their and their Participant’s health and safety (including but not limited to illness, injury, etc.) during the course of The Academy.
Registrations and Payment
Registrations will be considered as of the date of receipt of full registration payment. All applications and payments must be received by the application deadline of June 1st 2021. Early Bird payments are due by April 30th 2021 in order to be eligible for the discounted price.
Withdrawal from Participation
All cancellations must be received in e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation fees will apply as follows:
Before April 30th | Refund: Full refund, minus 150€ administrative fee
Before June 1st| Refund: 50% of the fee will be refunded (including €150 administrative fee)
After June 1st | Refund: no refund
For written cancellations received before the day of the Early Bird deadline of April 30th 2021 a non-refundable administrative fee of €150,00 will be retained, the rest will be refunded.
For written cancellations received after April 30th, and before the application deadline of June 1st, 50% of the course fees will be retained, the rest will be refunded.
For written cancellations after the application deadline June 1st, non-attendance, or withdrawal from participation during the Academy, 100% of the course fees will be retained and no refund issued.
Cancellations due to Covid -19
Participants coming from abroad will be entitled to a full refund in case of a government mandated travel restriction (either from the side of the Austrian government or from the country of origin) due to Covid-19.
Participants who are unable to attend the Academy due to an active Covid-19 infection within their nuclear family, will be eligible for a full refund (minus €150- administrative fee) upon presentation of a laboratory-verified positive PCR test result, which may be no older than 3 weeks prior to the start date of the Academy. In the event that we are prevented from holding the Academy due to Covid-related Austrian government regulations, the Academy will be cancelled by July 5thand 100% of the course fee will be reimbursed to all participants. In the unlikely event that the Academy were to be cancelled due to unanticipated Covid-19 restrictions after July 5th, no course fees or other costs will be reimbursed. We will however monitor the Austrian Covid situation closely in the weeks immediately prior to the Academy and will make every effort to avoid a cancellation after July 5th.
Please always indicate your bank account information in the written cancellation. Thank you!
Law and Jurisdiction
Austrian law shall apply for any conflict resulting from or related to the business relationship under exclusion of norms and international private law and of the UN Convention on Contracts for the international sale of goods. The place of jurisdiction for all conflicts resulting from or related to the business relationship is Vienna, Austria.
The Academy can only take place with minimum participation. Please therefore wait for a confirmation from The Academy (after April 30th 2021) to book your flights and accommodations.
Notification regarding Correspondence & Communications
The Administration does not have the capability to manage questions related to either personal accommodation and travel plans, or travel & quarantine regulations related to Covid-19. If you have queries concerning these topics, we kindly refer you to the following resources:
For questions related to your accommodation at the Europahaus hotel please contact email@example.com your other accommodation provider directly.
For questions regarding current Covid-related travel, test, and quarantine regulations, please contact your local consulate or the Austrian Ministry directly at https://www.sozialministerium.at/en.html
All other information related to the Academy can be found on the website www.violingarden.com, including the additional music for download, as soon as the program has been finalized.
Covid-19 Liability Statement
By registering my child/children to the Violin Garden Summer Academy, I hereby acknowledge that the holders of Violin Garden Summer Academy, Anna Lea Stefánsdóttir and Michael Gutiérrez, accept no liability in connection with the possible consequences, effects and or contagions of Covid-19, or any other illness during the course of the Violin Garden Summer Academy event, July 12-16th, 2021.
I further agree not to make claims of any kind from Anna Lea Stefánsdóttir, Michael Gutiérrez, any of the Academy Staff, or the owners of the venue for any damages or suffering in connection with the possible consequences, effects and / or contagions of Covid-19.