A five day Suzuki violin institute in Palace Miller-Aichholz, Vienna, Austria, July 13th-17th, 2020
Conditions of Participation
This agreement is entered into by the parent or legal guardian (hereafter referred to as “Parent”) of an underage participant or participants (hereafter referred to as “Participant”) of the Violin Garden Summer Academy Vienna (hereafter referred to as “The Academy”), and Michael Gutierrez, holder of The Violin Garden Summer Academy Vienna (hereafter referred to as “The Administration”) and pertains to the following Terms and Conditions of Participation:
Registration of a participant can be made only by a Parent of a Participant. By registering for the The Academy, the Parent agrees to the following terms and conditions and to abide by them:
- Any Parent of a Participant of The Academy expressly agrees to accept full and sole responsibility for that underage Participant’s behavior and actions at all times, and will bear full and sole liability for any potential damage caused by the Participant to (including, but not limited to) all property, premises, instruments, and persons connected with The Academy, The Administration and other Participants and Parents. The Parent agrees to compensate The Administration in full for any potential losses or damages stemming from, or caused by themselves or their Participant. The Parent further agrees to indemnify The Administration, its employees, partners, vendors, and associates, of any responsibility or liability of any kind for damages to persons or property stemming from the behavior and actions of the child they represent.
In addition, the Parent acknowledges:
- The presence of a Parent at The Academy site (campus of Palace Miller-Aichholz and Europahaus) is recommended for all Participants.
- For Participants under 6 years of age, or for any Participants with special needs or requiring increased supervision, the presence of a Parent is obligatory at all times.
- The Administration reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to require the presence of any Parent on site.
- The total number of full-time Participants at the Academy is limited to 90. Registrations will be accepted on a first-come-first-serve basis. Once the above-mentioned Participant limit has been reached, a waiting list will be created for any further interested prospective candidates, but a place at the Academy is not guaranteed. The Administration reserves the right to decline participants at its sole discretion.
- Should the minimum number of registrations not be reached by March 10st, The Administration reserves the right to cancel The Academy. In the case of such a cancellation, all fees and registration fees will be reimbursed to the Parent in full. The Administration does not accept liability for reimbursement of any other costs incurred by potential participants such as (including, but not limited to) travel costs, accommodation, rental cars, etc. No other claims will be recognized.
- The Administration reserves the right to cancel The Academy in case of Force Majeure. In that event, Parents will be reimbursed all registration and enrollment fees. No other costs (travel, accommodation, rental cars, etc.) will be reimbursed and no other claims will be recognized.
- Should, for any reason, a staff member of The Academy be prevented from being present and fulfilling their role, The Administration reserves the right to provide a comparable substitute without providing special notification.
Rights of Utilization
Parents agree to allow The Administration to use any photographs, and or video and audio materials taken of individuals and Participants present at The Academy without further express or written consent or permission from Participants or Parents. Any photos, film/video and audio materials taken during the event, may be duplicated, published, circulated and or broadcast on media such as (including, but not limited to) television, radio and internet and may be used by The Administration on The Academy website, newsletter and social media channels. By registering for The Academy, Parents and Participants agree to relinquish any present or future claim to any kind of compensation whatsoever for the above described media content.
Participants and their Parents agree to allow all data provided to The Academy and The Administration to be stored and processed according to the terms of all local data protection laws. For more information please see our Data Protection Declaration.
Registrations and Payment
Registrations will be considered as of the date of receipt of full registration payment. All applications and payments must be received by the application deadline of June 1st 2020. Early bird payments are due by March 10th 2020.
Withdrawal from participation
All cancellations must be received in e-mail to email@example.com (include email address), and the operating date and time of receipt will be the email’s time and date delivery stamp.
For written cancellations received before the day of the Early bird deadline of March 10th 2020 a non-refundable administrative fee of €150,00 will be retained, the rest will be refunded. Please always indicate your bank account information in case of cancellation.
For written cancellations received after March 10th, and before the application deadline of June 1st 2020, 50% of the course fees will be retained, the rest will be refunded.
For written cancellations after the application deadline (June 1st 2020), 100% of the course fees will be retained and no refund issued.
Rules of Conduct
Participation at The Academy requires respectful behavior towards staff members, other Participants and Parents, as well as appropriate conduct in the palace and the entire campus and parks. In the case of any serious misconduct by a Participant or Parent, the Administration reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to expel the Participant and Parent from some or all remaining portions of the course and event. Please note that in such cases course fees will not be reimbursed.
The Parent or Legal Guardian agrees to take full responsibility for informing The Administration via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) of any special health and or safety concerns relating to their child such as (including, but not limited to), allergies, asthma, epilepsy, or any other chronic or known health conditions. The Parent agrees to indemnify The Administration, its employees, partners, vendors, and associates, of any liability or damages of any kind relating to their and their Participant’s health and safety (including but not limited to illness, injury, etc.) during the course of The Academy.
Law and Jurisdiction
Austrian law shall apply for any conflict resulting from or related to the business relationship under exclusion of norms and international private law and of the UN Convention on Contracts for the international sale of goods. The place of jurisdiction for all conflicts resulting from or related to the business relationship is Vienna, Austria.
The Academy can only take place with minimum participation. Please therefore wait for a confirmation from The Academy (after March 10th, 2020) to book your flights and accommodations.